Welcome to the website of Hewitt Cattle Australia Pty Ltd ACN 157 927 887 (Website) with registered office at ‘The Annex’ Level 5, 12 Creek Street, Brisbane Qld 4000 or its affiliates’ including, for example Western Plains Pork Pty Ltd and Arcadian Organic & Natural Meat Co Pty Limited (Hewitt, We, Us, or Our).
- Access to the Website
We make all efforts that we reasonably can to keep the Website up and running smoothly. However, we may from time to time be required to suspend operation of the Website or restrict access to it or to parts of it without notice to you. This may be for repair, maintenance, improvement or for another technical reason.
- Disclaimer / limitation of liability
Please read these provisions carefully as they limit our liability in connection with your use of the Website.
Whilst we strive to provide accurate and up to date information, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability, with regard to the Website, or the information or products contained on the Website for any purpose.
We make every effort to ensure that the Website is kept up and running. However, we take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the Website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our reasonable control.
- Intellectual Property
The Website and all content (photos, illustrations, videos, product descriptions and information) on the Website are owned or controlled by us or third parties who licence to us.
All right, title, and interest in and to the content available via the Website, in the products displayed on the Website, and Website itself (including the selection, compilation, arrangement and layout of the content) are the property of us and may be protected by copyright, trade mark, patent, design and/or other intellectual property rights and laws.
No copying, communicating or other distribution of the content (including any product descriptions or photos) is permitted without our express permission in writing.
- Ownership and intellectual property – Our brands, patents and designs
The content of our Website is either owned by or licensed to Hewitt and is protected by intellectual property rights including copyright, trade marks, patents, designs and other laws. Our branding includes our:
- brand name;
- product names;
- tag lines;
- colour scheme;
- photos and images; and
- all Website content.
If you believe our intellectual property has been or is being infringed, please let us know by contacting:
The Privacy Contact Officer
Address: GPO Box 5708, Brisbane, QLD 4001
Email: [email protected]
Ph: (07) 3004 9200
Our intellectual property is valuable to us and we are committed to taking steps to protect it.
- Prohibited Use
In using the Website, you must respect the intellectual property and other rights of Hewitts. Your unauthorised use, reproduction, communication or other distribution of any content (including our brand photography and videos) may breach intellectual property, privacy or other laws, and any such use may result in your personal liability, including potential criminal liability.
You must not:
- monitor, gather, copy, or distribute any content (except as may be a result of standard search engine activity or use of a standard browser) on the Website or by using any robot, rover, “bot”, spider, scraper, crawler, spyware, extraction tool, or any automatic or manual process;
- use any content in a manner that suggests an association with any of our products, services, or brands;
- make any modifications to any content on the Website;
- insert any code or product to manipulate our Website in any way that adversely affects any user experience or breaches any laws;
- make, sell, offer to sell, import or distribute a copy of any of our product(s), packaging, labels or designs; or
- use any part of our branding including trademarks (registered or unregistered), our brand name, our logos, our tag line(s), product name(s) or packaging, trade dress or any other element of our branding for meat products or services, or other like goods or services that are similar to our goods and services.
- User generated content and uploading content to our Website
Our Website and affiliated social media accounts (including on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram or other social media platforms) may allow users to post content (User Content).
By submitting, posting or uploading User Content, you:
- grant us an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, transferable, sublicensable, license (by ourselves or with others) to use, copy, modify, adapt, publish, communicate, translate, distribute, display, publicly perform, print, reformat, and incorporate into other works the User Content or any works derived from the User Content; and
- agree that the User Content was created by you and you own the intellectual property rights in the User Content or that you have all required consents and permissions to upload, submit, or post the User Content.
You must not submit, upload or post User content that:
- violates any third-party intellectual property rights;
- is offensive, racist, obscene or discriminatory in nature;
- poses any harm, including malware, viruses or other harmful software;
- encourages or incites illegal activities or violations of any applicable laws;
- impacts the privacy or discloses personal information of any individual, including third parties, without their consent;
- repeatedly re-posts the same content;
- contains advertising or promotional material;
- involves content created or posted under a new account after being suspended or banned from using that account; or
- infringes the rights, reputation, or privacy of any individual or organisation.
We reserve the right to not publish User Content or to remove the User Content (or any part of it) at our sole discretion.
- Viruses and Online Offences
Hewitts cannot guarantee that any file or program available for download and/or execution from or via the Website is free from viruses or other conditions which could damage or interfere with data, hardware or software with which it might be used.
If you do anything which is a criminal offence under applicable law, your right to use the Website will end immediately.
You must not misuse the Website by knowingly transmitting, sending or uploading any data or material that contains viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or other programs or code which is malicious or technologically harmful. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Website will cease immediately, and may give rise to a claim for damages and/or a criminal offence.
- Links to third party sites
This Website may contain links to third party websites.
Hewitts is not responsible for the condition or content of those websites as they are not under Hewitts’ control. Your access to those websites and/or use of the website’s products and services is solely at your own risk. The links are provided solely for your convenience and do not indicate, expressly or impliedly, an endorsement by Hewitts of the websites or the products or services provided on the website.
- Termination and Suspension
We may immediately suspend or terminate the availability of the Website and its content (and any part of it) without notice.
To contact us, please email us at:
Thank you for visiting our Website.