Pineapple Glazed Ham (Recipe Courtesy of Australian Pork Limited)
Serves: 8 – 12
Preparation: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
- 4.5 – 5 kg Borrowdale half leg ham on the bone
- ¾ cup orange juice
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup orange marmalade, sieved
- ¼ cup grand marnier or whisky
- 60 cloves to stud hamTo serve:
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C.
- Using a sharp knife, remove the rind (skin from the ham) carefully to expose the fat.
- Score the fat into diamonds and stud the ham with cloves.
- Combine the orange juice, nutmeg, honey, orange marmalade and grand marnier into a small saucepan and heat over a low heat until ingredients have dissolved and continue to simmer until liquid is reduced by half.
- Place ham into a large baking dish and brush with the glaze.
- Bake ham in the pre-heated oven at 170°C for 1 hour, basting frequently.
- Serve hot with festive roasted vegetables and red currants.
- Note: mustard or chopped herbs may also be added to the glaze for Christmas.